A leading pharmaceutical organisation are expanding their oncology portfolio.
Our client, a leading global pharmaceutical organisation, is looking to expand their busy Government Affairs Department by recruiting an Associate Director to take the lead on a portfolio of products within the oncology sector.
This role is responsible for delivering the strategic government affairs and policy programme as well as patient advocacy engagement across the highly developed portfolio. An innovative area to be joining, this person will be responsible for setting the policy and access strategies, developing strong alliances with patient advocacy organisations and government departments. This is a UK focused role and is responsible for all of the government affairs workstreams, strategic planning and development.
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience in the healthcare/pharmaceutical sectors; policy, public affairs experience
- Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate policy, scientific and economic topics
- Well-developed understanding of the healthcare and pharmaceutical policy environment
- Ability to manage relationships with a high number of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to develop trust-based relationships with government officials, politicians, patient groups and other clinical Key Opinion Leaders
- Strong experience developing and implementing government affairs and policy plans
- Experience working closely with the press and building strong relationships
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a pharmaceutical organisation
- Ability to interact with senior management and high-profile experts
- Knowledge of the oncology therapy area would be advantageous
- Experience acting a senior spokesperson for an organisation
If you are interested in finding out more, please do get in touch by sending your CV across using the link below quoting the reference number: FL-1902-6428