Exciting, newly established role to lead campaign development & delivery for the BCC
The 53 Accredited Chambers which make up the British Chambers of Commerce’s (BCC) UK network are trusted champions of businesses, places, and global trade. Together, they represent tens of thousands of businesses of all shapes and sizes, which employ almost six million people across the UK.
BCC also has a powerful international Network with over 70 British Chambers of Commerce and business groups located in every continent of the world and directly linked to UK-based Chambers of Commerce. BCC’s network exists to support and connect companies, bringing together firms to build new relationships, share best practice, foster new opportunities and provide practical support to help member businesses trade locally, nationally and globally.
Following a review of the British Chambers of Commerce’s advocacy and corporate affairs function, an exciting new Director of Campaigns position has been created. This is a key role within the organisation and wider chamber network, as the BCC looks to enhance its campaigns, marketing, media and communications function to support the business and its’ strategic transition to a stronger campaign led approach.
The Director of Campaigns will have a proven track record of developing and delivery effective, high-profile campaigns that have created change. You will be used to working in a policy-led environment and will be skilled at translating complex issues into compelling communications across a variety of channels and audiences.
- Leadership of an integrated marketing and communications function including media, membership communications, event marketing and management of the BCC brand
- Work closely with the Director of Policy & Public Affairs to collectively develop an integrated plan incorporating policy, research, public affairs, campaigns and communications activity
- Management of the BCC media function ensuring BCC maintains its position as a credible and high-profile voice for business, taking an integrated approach across traditional and social media
- Representing the Chamber Network in meetings with senior stakeholders, in the media and at Network events
- Support the development and delivery of BCC’s commercial partnerships
- Development and implementation of an integrated communications strategy
- Development and delivery of current and future brand campaigns which meet the needs of the chamber network
Key skills and experience required
- A strategic approach to developing impactful campaigns that support policy, advocacy and commercial goals
- Demonstrable experience in delivering successful integrated communications plans across a full range of communications disciplines
- Experience of managing a busy and high-profile media office
- Proven people management experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Excellent relationship building and influencing expertise
- Desirable experience of working within a membership or network environment
For more information, or to apply for the Director of Campaigns position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number JS-2111-8044