We are looking for Chief Operations Officer
If you are interested in communications, politics, advocacy or even just what’s happening in the world, then we handle the roles that have significant impact and influence in these areas.
We are a company driven by our values of integrity and excellence. At Ellwood Atfield we consider our people as our greatest assets.
ABOUT THIS JOB
As part of our growth strategy in the Autumn of 2019, we split the role of FD and COO. A new exceptional FD joined us in January 2021 but the appointment of a new COO was paused because of Covid. Having maintained our profitability throughout the current pandemic we are now in a great position for an experienced operations leader to join the team.
We face new opportunities which will need your input. A new business plan and budget are in place including the exciting objective of becoming 100% Employee Owned Business (EOB ) in 2023.
We are looking for someone with deep recruitment/search sector operations knowledge but who will also be hands-on and get into the detail. You will work closely with our excellent Operations Manager Kate, Senior Finance Manager Bijal, and Finance Director Philip Maynard (ex Phaidon International)
Live and thrive with our values and business principles which are:
- Pride: Integrity, Honesty, Achievement
- Drive: Energy, Passion, Competitive, Entrepreneurship, Reward
- Trust: Accountable, Transparency, Openness, Confidence
- Expertise: Knowledge, Excellence, Judgement
- Teamwork: Collaborative, Sharing, Meritocratic, Generous, Fun
Hopefully, you will also be …..
- Confident, calm, unflappable, and proactive with a “can do” attitude
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- An effective project manager and completer/finisher, commercial,
- happy with ambiguity (like Pandemics ) and competing priorities.
- Able to work successfully with Ben our MD
Assignment Delivery & Sales
- Develop, implement and maintain the process, workflows supporting Consultants in their work
- Design and implement business operations strategies, policies, plans, and procedures.
- Lead on development and improvement of our CRM / Candidate management systems (Jobscience, part of Bullhorn, Salesforce)
- Strategic responsibility for firms' technology “stack” (from LinkedIn to Link point etc)
Commercial / Trading
- Oversee and maintain PSL’s
- Support team to optimise achievement.
- Assist with financial projections and forecasts by providing analytics from operational activity.
- Collaborate with the MD on long-term plans for company growth.
- Work with finance and consulting teams to establish invoicing, revenue recognition policies, and procedures.
- Review and advise on multiple Client T&C’s
Data & Reporting
- Evaluate companies trading activities/performance by analysing and interpreting data (from Google analytics to Client /candidate satisfaction feedback).
- Create reports for the MD and other managers.
Marketing & Industry Intelligence
- Commission and manage marketing initiatives with external suppliers and ROI.
- Monitor and seek out industry best practices and innovation, bringing it into the firm
- Review and advise on website design and functionality improvements
Work with the team to develop and implement policies/programs that promote company vision and culture and...
- Skills Training & Professional Development
- On-Boarding and induction
- Social Events Programs
- Manage, develop and mentor our Operations Manager, Kate Stratford
- Extensive career in recruitment or and executive search (Temp/ ideally within the professional or creative sector ( Marketing, HR, etc)
- SME 30 to 100 consultants),
- CRM’s Salesforce, Jobscience, Bullhorn, Kona, Conga, Link point Microsoft Office required
- Experienced commercial negotiation (suppliers and customers)
- Excellent written (to compensate for Ben’s) verbal communication and good numerical skills
- Excellent organisational skills, project delivery, and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
HOW TO APPLY
If this looks like your next step or if you would like to have a chat then please contact Kate Stratford for a confidential discussion.
Inclusivity and empowerment are the cornerstones of our culture here at Ellwood Atfield and we welcome applications from all backgrounds.