Interim opportunity to join a high profile trade association within financial services
Our client, a leading trade association for the financial services sector is looking to recruit an interim Communications Consultant to lead on all PR and media activity within the organisation, whilst they recruit for the role permanently.
Based in the London Office, the Communications Consultant will play an integral role in developing and delivering the PR strategy to meet the organisations objectives. This role does not involve managing staff, but you will work closely with the Corporate Affairs Director to execute a proactive and reactive media plan aimed at raising the profile of the organisation and their members.
This is a 4-6 month fixed term contract, paying up to £70,000 pro-rata.
- Work with the Corporate Affairs Director to develop an industry narrative that will be clearly understood by consumers
- Develop a proactive communications strategy to bring to life some of the organisations principle policy priorities to promote the organisation and industry as a whole in the media
- Develop a pipeline of proactive policy or data driven stories working with colleagues across the policy teams
- Develop and maintain a strong network of relationships with member press teams, as well as press officers in key government departments and consumer groups
- Set up and coordinate a senior member committee made up of industry communications professionals to oversee, plan and react to major developments that will impact the industry
Key skills and experience required
- Solid, proven PR experience
- Investment management sector experience is essential
- Proven substantial experience of working in a high pressure, fast moving, media relations team
- Proven substantial experience of generating proactive media stories delivering widespread media coverage online, in print and broadcast with a strong social media element
- Knowledge of the financial services regulatory environment in both the UK and EU
For more information, or to apply for the Communications Consultant, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference no. 1901-6320