UKHospitality are looking for a new Communications Manager
UKHospitality is the voice of the UK’s third largest private sector employer. They represent over 740 companies operating around 100,000 venues across the breadth of hospitality within England, Scotland, and Wales. Their membership covers the full scope of hospitality, from small independents to large multi-national sites operating across the accommodation, F&B, events, and attraction and leisure sectors and the supply chain- strengthening our one voice.
Ellwood Atfield has partnered exclusively with UKHospitality who are looking for a Communications Manager, which is a newly created role. UKHospitality is the agenda setter of the hospitality industry in the UK. Reporting to the Strategic Affairs Director this role will engage primarily with external audiences through media output and, to a lesser extent and where appropriate, with membership via member communications methods. The Manager will work with and provide support to
the CEO, the wider communications team and their expert advisers.
- Ensuring comprehensive, timely, day-to-day, relevant output to convey the UKH’s policy, membership, media (trade and national) and any other relevant audience messaging via press releases, reactive and proactive comment, and placed articles
- Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts
- Working with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team to manage and brief them ahead of their media appearances
- Inputting into UKH member communications, including ‘lines to take’, issuing comment and crafting messages from the CEO and other staff members as appropriate
- Forward planning media responses and articles in order to co-ordinate activities with other members of the Comms team and external consultants
Key skills required
- Excellent understanding of the UK media landscape and building relationships with media contacts
- Previous experience of working with senior internal stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to write in different styles when needed
- Previous experience of working in a membership organisation
A full job description can be found here.
Ellwood Atfield have partnered exclusively with UKHospitality, applications will close on at 9am on Thursday 9 June 2022. To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter detailing how you meet the key skills required by clicking the Apply Now option.