The BBRS is looking for a Communications Manager to develop and deliver a multi-channel strategy
The BBRS is a non-profit organisation set up to resolve disputes between eligible small and medium sized businesses and participating banks.
We will deliver an accessible and transparent service, giving eligible businesses the opportunity to have their complaint heard and independently reviewed.
We will make decisions based on what is fair and reasonable in the circumstances and seek to inspire confidence through the consistency of our approach.
As the Communications Manager, you will hold responsibility for the delivery of BBRS’ communications strategy to both external stakeholders and internally to staff ensuring that the message is consistent, relevant and engaging. Reporting to the Director of Communications, you will be responsible for upholding and reflecting the value-based culture of BBRS, ensuring that BBRS has positive interactions with all users and other external bodies who engage with the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a genuine impact on the BBRS’ profile through a multi-channel approach targeting the media, relevant stakeholders, customers and policy makers. You will have strong social media experience, understanding how to use and tailor a variety of techniques and tactics depending on the audience. You will understand how to market the BBRS to customers through targeted activities, for example paid social media. This is a broad role with huge opportunity for this person to diversify their skillset within an organisation that is critical, especially through this uncertain time for SMEs.
“It has never been more important for British businesses to get fair treatment from their banks. Doing so will, in turn, safeguard the reputation of the sector. The BBRS will play a vital role in making sure this happens. It is a tremendous privilege to be asked to play a part in delivering this major change for the SMEs who are such a critical part of our economy.” – Jon McLeod, Director of Communications, BBRS.
- Develop and implement an integrated, multi-channel communications strategy
- Development of case studies and drafting of content for sharing on appropriate BBRS communication channels such as social media and website
- Supporting development and management of integrated communications campaigns for the external and internal stakeholders of BBRS
- Execute paid social media campaigns tied into communication strategy
- Identify and maximise opportunities to communicate with and influence key decision makers
- Organise, participate and support at political, press, customer and public engagement events and roadshows
- Helping define our target audiences and the tools we need to reach them (CRM)
Key experience and skills required
- Demonstrable experience of successfully executing integrated communications
- Excellent written skills, with the ability to quickly turn around accurate copy
- Strong social media experience
- Ability to communicate complex and often technical information i.e. policy and regulatory updates
- Understanding of policy and public affairs
- You will be a self-starter with the ability and desire to get stuck into a variety of projects
- Experience of SMEs and the financial industry is desirable but not essential
- You will be able to work successfully in a small team
If you would like to be the BBRS’ new Communications Manager, please apply. The deadline for this role is the 18th May 2020.