JCQ are looking for a Communications Manager to join the team during this crucial time for education
The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) is a membership organisation comprising the eight largest providers of qualifications in the UK. JCQ provides a single voice for its members on issues of examination administration and, when appropriate, qualification and wider education policy.
JCQ’s main objective is the advancement of public education by enabling its members to act together in:
- Providing, wherever possible, common administrative arrangements for examinations thereby reducing bureaucracy for schools and colleges
- Responding to proposals from the regulators, Government and other stakeholders
- Communicating with a single voice to the media and other interested parties
JCQ’s Communications Manager will work to enhance the visibility of JCQ through targeted media engagement and integrated communications. This is an integral role in a small and agile team, reporting into the Director General (DG) and working closely with the Policy and External Affairs Manager.
- Work with the DG to develop, implement and lead on JCQ’s communication strategy, considering the independent report and survey on JCQ communications from 2019
- Work with the incumbent Media Manager, particularly shadowing the annual results and managing the JCQ Communications Network
- Write and distribute press releases and proactively identify opportunities for JCQ to provide comments and views to the media so that we become a leading and trusted source of expertise
- Deliver the annual cycle of eNewsletters to Exams Officers
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy on social media to engage key stakeholders including exams officers, candidates and parents
Key skills and experience required
- Ideally have experience of the education sector
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively, handling multiple projects
- Ability to create constructive and influential partnerships with key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both numerical and written
- Good understanding of web design and management
- Experience of using social media to develop pro-active campaigns
- Be able to work successfully in a small team and work on one’s initiative
If you would like to be JCQ’s new Communications Manager then please apply no later than the 28th May 2020.