GamCare are looking for a Communications Manager as they expand their communications team
GamCare is an independent charity that is a leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone harmed by gambling in Great Britain. They offer a wide range of support, including treatment and education programmes for those affected by gambling harms.
This is an exciting time to get behind an excellent cause as the organisation expands their team with several key hires. As their Communications Manager, and reporting into the Head of Strategic Communications, you will be responsible for creating and implementing GamCare’s communications outputs to help raise the profile and reputation of GamCare with key audiences.
- Create and deliver a measurable communications plans in line with particular key areas of work for GamCare, ensuring alignment with their overarching strategy
- Deliver and promote both proactive and reactive media relations as well as creating content across a range of channels and platforms, writing key messaging in line with the organisation’s strategy
- Work closely with the digital team and other stakeholders to ensure a sharing of information internally, whist ensuring continuity of messaging externally
- Build relationships with key and new stakeholders to help further GamCare’s organisational goals
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience of creating high quality content for a variety of audiences in a similar role, ideally within an organisations with a complex environment with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven experience proactively and successfully selling stories to the media, creating and tailoring messaging to a variety of audiences and channels, including website, social media and other digital channels.
- The ability to represent GamCare externally, with experience building relationships with key stakeholders
- Knowledge of or interest in problem gambling/ gambling-related issues and the wider gambling sector is advantageous.
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the link and submit your CV.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this opportunity.