An influential national charity seeks Communications Officer
Our client, an influential national charity, is looking for a Communications Officer to join their growing External affairs team. As a key member of the Communications team, the Communications Officer will play a pivotal role in delivering and helping the charity to communicate messages to journalists, politicians, civil servants and other stakeholders. As well as engaging content for use across channels including the website, social media channels, press releases, articles, blogs and email newsletters.
- Working with the media and communications manager to plan and develop new content including press releases, opinion articles, blog posts, social media content and email newsletters
- Developing creative and engaging content for use across social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube)
- Leading on the planning and delivery of the Trust’s annual programme of events, including roundtables, stakeholder forums and two large receptions each year
- Managing and editing the Trust’s blog, building relationships with and commissioning internal and external experts and bloggers
- Drafting briefings for senior staff for meetings and events, including working with the media and communications manager to produce briefings and speeches for the chief executive.
Experience and key skills required
- Ability of using PR and communications
- Demonstrable experience of using social media activity across platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Familiarly with managing events such as roundtables and receptions
- Excellent written and proofreading skills.
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding and innovative communications team. For more information or to apply for this position, please send in a copy for your CV using the apply button and quoting reference MD -1902-6413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.