ENA seek experienced communications project lead for the Open Networks project
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to again be working with the Energy Networks Association (ENA) to hire a Communications Project Lead for Open Networks. ENA is the voice of the networks, representing the ‘wires and pipes’ transmission and distribution network operators for gas and electricity in the UK and Ireland.
Reporting into the Director of External Affairs, and working closely with the Head of Public Affairs and Head of Open Networks, the successful candidate will develop and deliver a comprehensive, integrated communications strategy for the Open Networks Project.
You will be tasked with defining and executing a communications strategy that will ensure the Open Networks project is established as a leading influence on UK decarbonisation policy within Government and industry, whilst working closely with colleagues and members to ensure that the views of the industry are well represented within the project.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive, integrated communications strategy for the Open Networks project, targeting press, public affairs, and third part stakeholders
- Lead activity relevant to delivering the Open Networks communications strategy, including event planning, workshops, end of year report, and stakeholder meetings
- Develop the projects narrative and seek innovative ways to tell the Open Networks story with a range of stakeholders, including online through ENA's newsroom, using trade and other press and targeting political influencers
- Work closely with ENA's Open networks team and ENA members to coordinate activity and messaging on the role Open Networks plays in supporting the push to net zero emissions
Key skills and experience required:
- Three to five years’ experience working in communications and/or public affairs
- Knowledge of or a keen interest in the energy sector, and the role it has to play in the move towards a carbon neutral economy
- Practical experience in securing media interviews, including drafting pitches, arranging logistics, and drafting briefing documents
- Demonstrable senior stakeholder engagement and/or public affairs experience
- Demonstrable experience of having worked with senior leadership in a complex stakeholder environment
- Have the ability to co-ordinate communications activity across multiple stakeholders, ensuring opportunities are maximised and messaging is consistent
For more information, or to apply for the Communications Project Lead position please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number JG-2010-7555