Exciting opportunity for a communications professional to work for the UK's largest trade body.
Energy UK is the largest energy trade body in the UK with over 100 members from right across the energy sector, from energy suppliers, and large power generators, to companies providing technologies and services in heat, transport, or power. The energy sector has been at the top of the news agenda over the last 12 months, and there has never been a more important time to ensure we are communicating effectively to ensure media, politicians and the public have the right information to help customers through these challenging times whilst also maintaining the case for the UKs energy transition.
Energy UK works with our members, government, the regulator, and wider stakeholders to champion a sustainable UK energy industry. Our vision for a sustainable energy sector is one in which our customers receive excellent services at affordable prices, our infrastructure powers the zero-carbon economy, and where our UK industry is both successful today and able to invest for tomorrow.
It is a very exciting time for the sector. The energy sector remains high on the political and media agenda and the organisation are looking for a communications professional to work on a Digital Communications Executive role to keep their audience up to date on relevant updates.
You will oversee developing engaging and creative content on digital platforms and social media channels. You will handle the creative content for their social media channels and website, ensuring their website effectively showcases the work they are undertaking currently on behalf of our members and the wider sector.
- Designing and creating social media collateral such as infographics, animations, and other creative content.
- Leading the content creation plan for all the Energy UK online content and on all digital platforms and ensuring the content is engaging and up to date on their website.
- Formulating and delivering on new digital and social media strategy for Energy UK, alongside the Communications and Campaigns Manager.
- Working across departments to produce content in reaction to external events or announcements.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Being able to manage social media accounts and managing creating, editing, and posting for different outlets.
- Creating digital content creation and management.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and having the ability to manage a range of activities simultaneously.
- Being able to work well in a team and independently.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please submit a copy of your CV via the “Apply for this position” button. For more information, please contact Alexandra (Alexandra.email@example.com). This position closes on Tuesday 29th November at 5pm.