An exciting strategic, digital opportunity for a leading membership organisation
The UK Chamber of Shipping is the trade association and voice of the UK shipping industry. They represent more than 100 shipping companies and work with Government, parliament, international organisations and others to champion and protect the industry on behalf of its members.
The Communications team provides public affairs, political intelligence, issue-led campaigns and media relationship management. It is responsible for the development and effectiveness of the UK Chamber's communications with members, other stakeholders and the wider public, including the Chamber’s website and other digital Communications channels.
This digital position is key to enhancing the organisation’s coverage. The Chamber want a driven digital professional to provide creative ideas and lead engagement externally on a digital perspective to promote the organisation’s policy priorities. The successful candidate will also work with the events team to profile raise the UK Chamber’s events.
- Lead the development of social media/digital content and develop with the Director of Communications a wider digital strategy to drive new followers and engagement.
- Produce regular reports on impact of digital communications analysing trends via impressions, engagement rates and Google analytics.
- Work with colleagues across the business to develop regular, informative and interesting content on the UK Chamber of Shipping website, including news articles, blogs and thought pieces.
- Manage public facing areas of the website both internally and externally, in close partnership with external agencies
- Editor of the Chamber’s daily brief and weekly bulletin emails including ensuring distribution lists remain accurate.
- Create and manage a communications plan for the Chamber covering events, political activity, media and social media opportunities and policy milestones.
- Work with the Director of Communications to create and exploit media opportunities relating to the UK Chamber’s activities, particularly related to the trade press.
- Experience managing social media and website content for an organisation
- Able to provide strategic insights on how to maximise engagement across the organisation’s channels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with senior stakeholders internally and represent the organisation externally
For more information, or to apply for the Digital Communication Manager’s position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button