AIMA is seeking a Director for their Asset Management Regulation team
AIMA is a membership organisation for the alternative investment industry (including hedge funds and private credit funds); we exist to serve the interests of hundreds of firms around the world who have signed up as members of AIMA and who pay us a membership fee to support our work. Specifically, we provide them with written guidance to help them in their day-to-day work, as well providing updates on new rules on regulations that will impact their business. We also provide a voice for them in the public debate about new regulations, writing to and meeting with regulatory bodies and politicians across the world to help them understand what our member firms do and how they might be impacted by changes to legislation. We also engage extensively with the press, through written articles and interviews. Each year we put on hundreds of events for our members.
Our membership base has grown strongly over the last 5 years, making for an exciting and stimulating working environment. We have about 25 staff members in our London office, with smaller regional offices spread across the globe.
We are seeking a Director for our Asset Management Regulation team. The position holder will report to the Global Head of Asset Management Regulation & Sound Practices in London. The role will give you first-rate exposure to the issues that are affecting the hedge fund industry globally, while allowing you to develop your expertise in a number of these, as well as the broader regulatory environment at UK and European level.
The successful candidate should be a self-starter with substantive funds knowledge and/or good experience with respect to advocacy facing the European institutions and a deep understanding of the EU legislative process. The successful candidate will be expected to lead the work on multiple campaigns simultaneously and working with members to develop advocacy positions. The person will also lead on non-regulatory working groups and projects, engage with members in multiple settings, lead on or participate in the development of sound practices and other guidance from time to time, support membership development and communications and develop relevant AIMA events. The position will involve significant travel throughout Europe.
- Monitoring regulatory developments
- Preparing updates for members
- Helping to run working groups of AIMA members to develop positions on proposals from regulators
- Helping to draft responses to regulatory consultations
- Supporting the delivery of AIMA events and training for members.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a relevant role
- Strong academic credentials, including a degree. We are particularly interested in candidates who have studied law or politics.
- An interest in policy-making in the UK and Europe
- Substantial knowledge of or at least a willingness to learn about financial services regulation and/or the hedge fund industry
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to summarise complicated issues succinctly and accurately
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical capability
Full-time position; Monday-Friday, 9am-5.30pm; 25 days’ holiday; 3-month probationary period.
Benefits after probation include health insurance, life insurance, company pension scheme (11% AIMA / 4% employee), discretionary annual bonus, annual travel ticket loan and annual gym membership.
Must have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply:
Please call for further information and/or forward your CV and covering letter to to Geraldine Hetherington at email@example.com; Telephone: 020 7340 6483.