Work with a high profile tech CEO, move at pace, set strategy and be a trusted confidant.
Trainline is a one-stop shop for rail and coach travel bringing together millions of routes, fares and journey times from more than 270 rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. With a group revenue of £261 million, more than 650 people and more than 40 nationalities, including 300+ travel tech specialists and engineers they have Europe's leading train and coach app with a 4.9 rating.
The Director Employee Experience will work alongside and advise a high profile CEO and have ultimate responsibility over the development and delivery of Trainline’s employee engagement and internal communications strategies and programmes. This role leverages and drives cross-functional teams and initiatives to enable every individual at Trainline to understand their role in driving strategy execution and business performance.
The CEO, Claire Gilmartin, feels that it’s her job to engage and motivate everyone internally behind her mission, vision and strategy. The responsibilities will stretch beyond employee experience and internal communications and will directly impact the company culture.
- Bring Trainline’s great employee value proposition to life!
- Work with the CEO and other members of the Executive to create and drive inspiring strategic communications around Trainline’s vision, strategy, business performance, leadership, change, crises and important business events
- Strategically advise and coach the CEO and senior leaders on visibility and communication, helping them connect with our teams and understand the impact of their behaviour and communications
- Lead the development of a credible, authentic and motivating employer brand narrative that is embedded in all aspects of the Employee life-cycle and resounds with diverse teams across our business
- Ensure an established and effective sequencing and rhythm of inspiring internal communication events utilising a leading-edge set of comms channels and tools.
Key skills and experience
- Significant experience in leading strategic internal communications within a high growth, fast-moving, international, culturally diverse and dispersed business
- Ability to synthesise a broad information set (including messaging about Trainline’s purpose, commercial strategy and performance, culture and wider value proposition) into seamless and motivating communications with an aligned tone of voice
- Demonstrable experience of using cutting-edge channels and technology to ensure maximum impact and engagement with all internal communications
- A strong track-record of delivering employee experience, engagement, and internal communications programmes with demonstrable results and positive business outcomes
- Proven knowledge and appreciation of the impact of communication strategies on HR priorities and complexities.
Please view the full job description here, and apply below.