Network Rail is hiring a new Director, External Engagement to lead its engagement with stakeholders
About Network Rail
Network Rail owns and operates the railway infrastructure in England, Wales and Scotland on behalf of the nation. Every single day consists of looking after the safety and progress of over 4 million customers, 20,000 miles of track, 30,000 bridges and viaducts. We are at the heart of revitalising the railway and delivering significant changes and improvements right across the country. Network Rail is hiring a new Director, External Engagement to join their Corporate Communications Department.
The Role and Department
The Corporate Communications department supports Network Rail to communicate effectively with our passengers, taxpayers, line side neighbours, government organisations and politicians, the media and our employees.
As part of our Corporate Communications leadership team the Director, External Engagement will provide the overall strategic direction of our government relations, public affairs, community engagement and consultation disciplines to help build trust and confidence in our organisation and enable us to deliver our ambitious goals.
As the Director, External Engagement at Network Rail you will:
- Develop and execute our external stakeholder engagement strategy
- Support the development of our external communication strategies
- Oversee the creation of multiple channel corporate content
- Build relationships and work with our Executive Leadership team members providing strategic communications advice on all external engagement
- Collaborate with other senior departmental leads to build Corporate Communications’ reputation as a strategic partner
- Lead and develop a team of engaged communications
- Create a working environment that enables a high performing team.
To qualify as the Director, External Engagement you will have:
- A varied background to draw on – public and commercial - to bring fresh thinking to Network Rail’s plans
- Extensive successful experience working at senior level within Public/Corporate Affairs
- In depth working knowledge of government, relevant political calendars and legislative assemblies
- Proven experience of developing and delivering comprehensive integrated communications strategies.
- Experience within management and leadership roles, directing, developing and motivating teams in a complex communications environment
- Ability to work at all levels, up to Board level internally, senior government and leaders externally.
- Demonstrable experience of organising and bringing people and resources together to achieve objectives, targets and results
- Proven analytical, influencing and negotiating skills.
To apply for the opportunity of Director, External Engagement
For more information, or to apply for the Director, External Engagement position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number CF-1901-6352.