Mermaids seek dynamic Director of Communications, Fundraising, and Digital
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be working with Mermaids to hire a Director of Communications, Fundraising, and Digital.
Mermaids has been supporting trans children, young people, and their families since 1995. Mermaids has evolved into one of the UK’s leading LGBTQ+ charities, empowering thousands of people with its secure online communities, local community groups, helpline services, web resources, events, training, legal support, policy and stakeholder engagement and residential weekends.
The Director of Communications, Fundraising, and Digital will develop, challenge and lead on the development of the Mermaids' external communications and fundraising strategies and delivery of these essential functions working closely with the CEO. The purpose of this role is to increase visibility and influence with external audiences and potential donors, and To develop a full range of best in class talent, tools and systems, to take our communications and fundraising activity to the next level.
- Create and deliver an integrated communications plans to respond to Mermaids' strategic plan
- Build an agile, relevant, and proactive drumbeat of communications
- Build on the digital transformation of Mermaids and its communications by developing existing digital channels and platforms
- Provide the CEO, stakeholders, and colleagues with advice and support on all aspects of communications
- Develop the communications, fundraising, and digital team delivering holistic performance management and development
- Deliver and grow commercial revenue by developing the fundraising team, and new digital products
Key skills and experience required
- Proven ability to think strategically within a fast moving, complex environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing and leading an integrated, proactive, and strategic communications function
- Successful track record of developing and running communications projects and campaigns
- Experience and confidence in achieving impact across all aspects of the media, fundraising, and digital
- Extensive experience of issues and crisis management
To apply for this role please download the full job description here and click the 'apply' button on this advert, quoting reference JG-2106-7813