Be instrumental in promoting and supporting the government’s investment in roads infrastructure.
Our client, a major infrastructure organisation that plays a vital role in the economy, wishes to appoint a Director of Communications to lead a substantial, multidisciplined communications team working on some of the country’s most critical infrastructure projects.
This role will be instrumental in promoting and supporting the government’s investment in roads infrastructure. The role will suit an ambitious individual looking to make a real difference.
Reporting to a Member of the Executive Committee, the Director of Communications is responsible for setting the strategy, improving professional standards, engaging a range of diverse stakeholders, and supporting and advising the CEO, Chairman, Senior Leadership Team and Ministers.
The Director of Communications leads a team of around 130 people responsible for strategic communications and campaigns, marketing and events, public affairs and stakeholder engagement, media relations, creative content and social media, and digital communications.
What you will be leading on:
- Delivery of a long-term communications strategy, securing buy-in from key stakeholders and ensuring alignment with the organisation’s key strategic priorities.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the CEO, Chairman and Executive Team, providing subject matter expert advice in communications and being an enabler of effective communications.
- Establishing key relationships and engaging with senior Government officials and Ministers, building a strong network with key influencers, including journalists, commentators, and opinion formers.
- Directing the development and implementation of dedicated channel strategies for campaigns, marketing and events, public affairs and stakeholder engagement, creative content and social media, and digital communications.
- Leading a high performing and engaged team to deliver an effective strategy to communicate the government's investment in roads infrastructure.
- Create an open and diverse culture focused on encouraging and enabling innovation and continuous improvement.
To be successful:
- Demonstratable evidence of building high performing and engaged teams, nurturing talent, and creating an inclusive culture.
- Demonstratable evidence of implementing an insight-based and long-term strategy, allocating limited resources to deliver effectively and flexibly against changing external priorities.
- Strong track record of using compelling and innovative communications to reach a range of culturally diverse, geographically dispersed audiences
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Highly developed judgement and decision-making ability combined with high levels of personal integrity.
- Track record of working in an environment subject to media attention and public scrutiny, providing well considered and balanced advice.
How to apply:
Please apply via the ‘Apply for this Position’ button. For more information, please contact Gavin Ellwood. Please note that applications for this position will close on 02nd September 2022.