London's most exciting Zone1 Development is hiring a new business critical Director
Who are The Earls Court Development Company?
The Earls Court Development Company is the new Earls Court-based business, responsible for driving the development of the Earls Court masterplan forward.
Previously home to the now-demolished Earls Court Exhibition Centres, the Earls Court masterplan site has had a rich and illustrious history, and is London’s largest, most exciting Zone 1 development opportunity. The Earls Court Development Company’s ambition is to seek a new visionary masterplan for the site that stitches Earls Court back into its local area and sets a new global standard for a sustainable, vibrant mixed-use development.
The Earls Court Development Company would like a new Director of Stakeholder and Community Relations to join their senior leadership team and work closely with the CEO. In this position you will take the strategic lead on stakeholder relations, engagement and communications for ECDC. You will have responsibility for overseeing the development of our relations with our community.
As the Director of Stakeholder & Community Relations your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development and implementation of a forward-looking, and highly effective stakeholder engagement strategy that enables delivery of our objectives, and helps build upon the core values ECDC – collaboration, celebration & consideration.
- Work with the leadership team to cultivate relationships with local and regional authorities, government ministers, senior officials, regulators, and other agencies of government, as well as the real estate industry and design and architecture community.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a Community Engagement Plan, that forms an integral part of the Stakeholder Engagement Strategy, to inform, involve and inspire people and organisations from the local area in the redevelopment process, and specifically, the creation of the masterplan.
- The Community Engagement Plan should be clearly aligned with ECDCs core values and encourage engagement through ‘active participation.’
- Oversee the development and implementation of a communications strategy for ECDC, encompassing all elements including a proactive media and social media strategy.
- Oversee the creation of a powerful project narrative, working with key project partners as well as the wider internal team to ensure that this is kept up to date as the project progresses through different stages.
To qualify as the Director of Stakeholder & Community Relations you must have experience of:
- Substantial experience of leading stakeholder engagement in a complex, environment.
- Demonstratable influencing skills in complex organisations including working across multiple disciplines and cultures.
- A strong understanding of the business, economic and political environment; and an understanding of factors, trends and issues that influence the company’s business performance.
- Pragmatic - a ‘finisher’ with an eye for detail and the ability to drive through solutions to problems and not just operate at the macro level.
- Experienced and seasoned in managing an external agency roster, and achieving best-in-class results and value for money from each agency.
- Someone with the ability and wiliness to deliver and execute the day to day as well as think strategically.
Being part of The Earls Court Development Company
The business is led by CEO Rob Heasman who recently joined from Lendlease, where he was Managing Director of the major redevelopment of Euston. Prior to Euston, Rob led the delivery of Elephant Park. Jamie Ritblat, the CEO of Delancey is the company’s Chairman.
To create a platform to successfully deliver this strategically important scheme, we are building a high calibre team of market leading individuals across key functional areas. To succeed within a business of this nature, you must be a committed self-starter who above all, is excited by the prospect of being a part of something incredible – this is a potentially career defining task for the entire team. Candidates need to be capable of building close teams, balancing clear accountabilities with a collaborative style.
You will be innovative, industrious and will thrive in a diverse leadership team. You should naturally embrace diversity of thought and style, and adopt an approach that drives this. The Earls Court Development Company adopts a progressive and future facing outlook. This ‘post-Covid’ attitude allows people to think of successful places of tomorrow, with an appreciation for, but not being constrained by the past. The team needs to be experienced across all stages of the development process, with a clear track record of delivery, not just concepts.
Above all, this is a local business which will have a strong local following and presence. Taking pride in delivering high quality outcomes is essential.
To apply for the position of Director of Stakeholder & Community Relations with the Earls Court Development Company.
Please fill in the short form with your details below, attach your CV and any further information such as a covering letter and click on the Submit your Application button.