GSK are looking for an exceptional Government Affairs professional
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Its special purpose is to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
GSK is now looking for an exceptional Government Affairs professional to join the UK Corporate Government Affairs team, part of Global Corporate Government Affairs & Policy.
The UK Corporate Government Affairs team has a unique role in bringing together GSK’s engagement with the UK government and key stakeholders, to optimise the operational environment in the UK in support of the company’s strategic priorities of Innovation, Performance and Trust and mindful of its position as a UK-headquartered global company. The team maintains key institutional relationships with government including with the Office for Life Sciences and the Life Sciences Council.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career and help shape the success GSK. These responsibilities involve the following:
- Support the Head, UK Corporate Government Affairs on the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy and other oneGSK policy work to ensure a strategic, joined up policy platform in the UK. Specifically, work with the business to develop tangible, evidenced and credible policy solutions, aligned with GSK Strategy and Government goals.
- Identify policy risks and opportunities for GSK arising from the policy and political environment, including the NHS and Government as well as Parliament and the main political parties.
- Develop and deliver effective advocacy programmes for policy asks in support of GSK’s strategy.
- Support the Head, UK Corporate Government Affairs to drive GSK external engagement, including GSK foundational relationships with UK Government and wider UK political stakeholders including the Labour party, Parliamentarians, and attendance at party Conferences.
- Support the Head, UK Corporate Government Affairs in providing briefings for GSK leaders (including CEO and CET) ahead of Government engagement opportunities.
- Working closely with colleagues in the UK Local Operating Company (LOC) and across the business to provide support in key product/policy areas such as the UK pricing and access environment
- Lead UK Corporate input to the ABPI and the British Pharma Group activities.
- Deliver GSK consultation submissions and input to trade bodies such as the ABPI, and other government affairs materials as required.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver successful government relations and advocacy programmes.
- Strong understanding of UK politics and policy-making processes.
- Strong pharmaceutical policy understanding and experience.
- Experience working in a matrix organisation and/or trade body, or otherwise managing complex stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrates GSK Values and Expectations.
- Ideally, experience gained in one other relevant sector e.g. NHS, science & technology or a sector that works closely with government, such as outsourcing, defence or transport.
GSK welcomes applications from everyone – diversity, inclusion and the feeling of belonging matters.
GSK’s values and expectations are at the heart of everything it does and forms an important part of its culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on its values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
How to apply:
Apply via the Apply for this Role button. Please note that applications for this position will close at noon on 18th September 2020.