Lead this new trade association to grow its influence and reach in support of the net zero target
The INA (Independent Networks Association) represents the UK’s leading independent utility network owners and operators. Its members serve the domestic, commercial, and industrial sectors across the UK. The INA’s purpose is to achieve industry collaboration that will help shape the future of the UK’s energy sector.
The Executive Director will ensure the INA is an established and authoritative voice for Independent Networks whilst growing its influence and reach in support of the UK’s net zero target. The role will have responsibility for the effective running of activities, liaising with the Board and most importantly, leading a proactive advocacy programme on behalf of the industry.
- Strategic leadership and day to day running of the INA, representing the interests of INA members to Government, Parliament, regulatory authorities, and a range of stakeholder forums
- Plan and deliver proactive and effective influencing strategies focused on key industry stakeholders and decision makers
- Provide realistic policy, legislative and regulatory advice to members, listen to their views and, at times, manage their expectations
- Horizon scan and identify opportunities and threats facing the independent networks industry
- Build relationships with similar-minded organisations where there is a crossover of opinion and where the industries may be better represented with a united voice.
Key skills and experience required
- Demonstrable experience of setting and developing a strategy, agreeing priorities and prioritising actions
- Substantial experience of successful advocacy within Westminster, Whitehall and with other policy-makers
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, able to adapt to reflect differing audiences
- An intricate understanding of the political and regulatory processes in the UK and knowledge of how and where to influence
- Outstanding leadership qualities, delivered with gravitas and authority.
- Ability to network with a diverse range of organisations and people, representing the INA with the highest level of diplomacy
- Experience or knowledge of the networks industry may be an advantage, but you will certainly be able to demonstrate experience from a regulated sector.
For more information, or to apply for the Executive Director position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number AZ-2101-7659.