An industry association in the healthcare sector is looking for an External Affairs Manager
The British In Vitro Diagnostics Association (BIVDA) is the national industry association for companies with major involvement and interest in the in vitro diagnostics (IVD) industry. BIVDA represents both manufacturers and distributors who are active in the UK.
Focussed on changing healthcare for the better – for the NHS as well as patients – BIVDA represents 130 companies, including those at the cutting edge of technology. As part of the life sciences industry, they work with pharmaceuticals to biotech companies and campaign for a wider understanding of the value of diagnostic testing in healthcare, helping provide information to help diagnose, treat and manage disease and infection.
As part of a small team in the centre of London, you will be working closely with the Chief Executive to work across their policy, public affairs and corporate communications work.
- Help develop and implement their strategy for engaging with external stakeholder, building working relationships with a wide variety of organisations and within Government
- Write articles for BIVDA publications, including managing their social media, website and other external magazines
- Develop policy positions and communicate these to BIVDA’s members
- Deputise for the Chief Executive at relevant meetings and conferences, and manage an External Affairs Assistant
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a wider communication role, with a strong understanding of UK parliamentary procedure and policy formation
- Excellent written and verbal skills, both written and oral, with the ability to disseminate highly technical information
- An understanding of the NHS, healthcare policy, and the challenges facing the industry would be highly beneficial
View the full job description here.
For more information or to apply, please send your CV to Emily Roberts at email@example.com quoting job reference number ER-1908-6826.
Closing Date 5th September 2019. Interviews to be held week commencing 9th September 2019.