A leading charity in the health sector is looking to recruit an External Affairs Officer
Our client, a leading charity in the health sector is looking to recruit an External Affairs Officer to join their public affairs team. The charity is committed to bringing about better health and health care for people in the United Kingdom. From giving grants to those at the front line to carrying out research and policy analysis, they shine a light on how to make successful change happen.
Reporting to the External Affairs Manager (public affairs), the role of the External Affairs Officer will be to ensure the effective communication of the organisation’s work throughout their key stakeholder base including parliamentarians, ministers, senior civil servants, and journalists.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the health and social care sector including ministers, parliamentarians, journalists and arm’s length bodies
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to successfully ensure the organisations key objectives are effectively communicated
- Support the External Affairs Manager to effectively track and record media coverage
- Monitor political intelligence across the United Kingdom and assess its impact on the health and social care sector
- Proactively identify opportunities where the organisations key business aims can be sold into the media and parliamentarians to successfully raise the organisations profile.
- Support the wider External Affairs team to develop and deliver integrated communications plans for key business objectives.
Key skills and experience required
- A strong understanding of the UK political landscape and parliamentary procedure
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- An understanding of the health and social care sector is desirable.
If you would like to apply for the position of External Affairs Officer, please apply ASAP through the 'apply for this position' button at the top of the page.