Hybrid media and stakeholder engagement Manager role for UK household name
A leading personal finance business and household name in the UK is looking to hire an External Communications Manager to join their team in London.
You will be required to manage external issues effectively by engaging with media and stakeholders to protect the company’s reputation and to proactively promote the business with media and stakeholders, particularly in the UK parliament and government. The business is currently going through an exciting period of change which has resulted in this highly sought after hybrid role within media and stakeholder engagement.
- Identifying opportunities to tell the company’s wider corporate and consumer story and planning communications around this
- Develop and deliver media handling strategies to support corporate announcements, crisis communications and network transformation and development activities using experience and insight to continuously review, influence and shape media relations strategies
- Representing the firm with political stakeholders to promote and protect the businesses reputation; explaining proposals for change and managing concerns
- Representing the firm with key media to tell the story of its development, policy initiatives, role in UK life, business performance and other corporate campaign opportunities
- Influencing in support of business strategy and ensuring that communications to both internal stakeholders and MPs are aligned with company values and wider business strategies
Your skills and experience:
- A relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent level of experience
- Significant proven expertise and experience in media or with evidence of strong interest in public affairs
- Experience of a complex and challenging communications environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to act as a confident and persuasive spokesperson
- Ability to translate business strategy into a set of simple, compelling external messages
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply with your CV details.