Are you an effective influencer looking to promote the voice of an entire industry?
As the new External Relations Manager, you would be working for the organisation responsible for representing the providers of an important proportion of the passenger transport industry in the United Kingdom. You will play a significant part in helping the CPT in building public awareness and confidence in the UK’s bus and coach network.
This is a new role, which will help the CPT take the next step in their strategy to influence, inform and enhance their diverse membership’s interests. This position will develop and execute impactful influencing strategies, build relationships and proactively deliver engagement activities.
Main responsibilities .
- Develop and implement proactive integrated communications and public affairs activities and campaigns focused on national and regional decision makers and stakeholders and those that influence them (such as media, think tanks, transport groups and other opinion formers)
- Develop and deliver political, policy, media and digital engagement activities building cross-party relationships, credibility and influence with external influencers and stakeholders such as parliamentarians, local government leaders, Metro Mayors and LEPs, and across government
- Work with CPT members to align views and build consensus to support strategies and priorities, including collaborating with members’ in-house communication teams to implement effective engagement strategies
- Develop and deploy media and communications materials such as press releases, statements, content for the website and social media underpinning the delivery of proactive communications plans
- Monitor and horizon scan and manage key issues deploying engagement and communications strategies to ensure that opportunities are seized and risks for the sector are managed and mitigated.
Skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of the political and policymaking process, including understanding of how the media and wider stakeholders shape policymaking
- Experience of public affairs and stakeholder management
- Media relations, issues management and social media experience, with experience of securing coverage
- Experience of implementing influencing strategies from working either in-house, for government or political institutions, or in consultancy.