Front of House & Events Manager
This role would suit someone with events experience in either front of house hospitality or the corporate environment, or an experienced receptionist looking to expand their role to include event management.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly sociable, confident and experienced candidate who will be happy to take on additional responsibilities around front of house management, reception and events.
Ellwood Atfield is the fastest growing and most successful specialist recruitment firm within the corporate affairs space. Having grown incrementally by 20% over the past three years, and with exciting future growth plans, we are searching for talented individuals who can help to build our business, shape our story and provide an exemplary service to our customers.
We host a number of events in our gallery that range from small drinks receptions (c. 15 guests) to our annual Political Cartoon of the Year Awards (c. 500 guests). Our events have been attended by notable personalities including - Boris Johnson, Yvette Cooper, David Davis and David Cameron.
Your key duties will include:
- Assist with delivering events, including setting up rooms and providing refreshments. Working closely with the support team to ensure our internal and external events are delivered to a high standard.
- Liaise with external suppliers to arrange staff/catering supplies
- Meet and greet visitors on arrival, provide refreshments and deliver an exceptional and memorable Front of House experience.
- Answer the mainline telephone and direct all calls, taking accurate informative telephone messages when consultants are unavailable.
- Monitor the enquiries inbox, and appropriately escalating queries.
- Oversee and proactively manage meeting room calendars, helping to ensure all meetings run to time and rooms are always immaculate.
- Some administrative support (familiarity with Microsoft office packages is essential) e.g. printing, binding, document formatting, database management and some data entry.
- A range of other ad-hoc tasks, including occasional out of hours working, may be necessary to ensure everything runs smoothly, so a roll up your sleeves up attitude is essential!