Exciting opportunity for a government affairs specialist to join iconic brand Harley-Davidson
The Harley-Davidson Europe, Middle East and Africa Region represents sales, marketing, distribution and other associated activities of the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. The EMEA government affairs role works in close alignment with multiple business functions in Europe, including Product Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Sales and Operations, as well as the global head office located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This position forms an integral part of the Harley-Davidson Global Government Affairs team.
- Liaising with European policymakers, regulators and motorcycle industry stakeholders
- Gathering policy and political intelligence on relevant forthcoming legislative initiatives
- Advising diverse business stakeholders on potential actions or impacts of European/national legislation
- Representing H-D’s interests in European industry association meetings
- Managing the information flow between H-D and a Brussels-based consultancy.
Key skills and experience
- A confident, strategic thinker, who is a proactive self-starter and can seek out the information and support they need to accomplish goals
- Knowledge and understanding of current political events and trends with an understanding of how they potentially affect Harley-Davidson, especially its product lines and service offerings for customers
- Knowledge of EU trade policy and environmental policy is preferred. Interest in the automotive or motorcycle industry is desirable but not essential
- Ability to function in a dynamic, ambiguous environment is important, including the ability to help solve problems independently and in accordance with the values and issues identified by the company
- Strong networking skills, particularly while working remotely, will be required to hit the ground running in this short-term role.
This is a one-year, fixed-term maternity cover role to start asap (by mid-July latest).
Please note that any direct approaches to Harley-Davidson will be forwarded to us as their search partner and will not be responded to. As such, please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org