An opportunity to join a leading Motor trade association as their new Government Affairs Officer
The Government Affairs Officer will be responsible for the organisation’s political communications, government affairs communications and policy events programme.
- To monitor , analyse , research , report and lead (in specific area’s) in the development of industry response and positions on behalf of the organisation.
- To support development and delivery of the organisations policy portfolio on subjects such as competitiveness, trade, environment etc
- To lead on specific policy area’s as required.
- To provide research ,briefings and support on drafting of consultation responses and position papers on current issues in support of the organisations policy development.
- To support the Government Manager’s Manager in the delivery of the trade associations government affairs programme , including annual parliamentary receptions , party conferences activity
Key skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a government affairs or policy role
- Highly motivated professional team player, eager contribute to wide policy development and relationship management in a small and busy team
- Comfortable researching and compiling accurate and reliable briefings and reports.
- Strong time management, job prioritising skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Some knowledge and experience working with the UK parliamentary and legislative processes required.
- Excellent written and oral communications
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit a copy of your CV via the “Apply for this position” button.
For more information, please contact Caitlin (Caitlin@ellwoodatfield.com).