High-profile opportunity for a consummate media relations professional
A leading FTSE 250 company in the renewable energy sector is looking for an experienced Head of Media and PR for a 12-month, fixed-term contract starting in January 2023. In this role you will be responsible for developing and delivering the end-to-end corporate media and PR strategy in the UK and internationally. You will lead the Group-wide media activity, working in collaboration with international colleagues and the digital, public affairs and community relations teams. You will identify media opportunities which support the business strategy as well as reputational risks, driving and coordinating both proactive and reactive media relations.
- Define and deliver a media engagement strategy that supports the Group’s vision, protects its reputation and enhances its profile
- Own and develop the Group’s core narrative for use across audiences and create compelling media content to illustrate this
- Display a creative flair and a desire to identify and use new ways to tell stories making them more compelling for the media, as well as their audiences
- Coach and mentor the media team, to continually build media management capabilities
- Lead the Group’s response to media issues and ensure the information provided to the media is accurate and any inaccurate media reports are corrected.
Key skills and experience required
- Experienced media relations professional with first-hand knowledge of how decisions are made at high levels of media organisations, detailed knowledge of key journalists and relevant news organisations
- Experience of leading communications in highly regulated sectors or industries such as energy, pharma, chemical or construction, with a proven track record of developing and executing effective communications strategies in complex environments, across multiple audiences
- Significant experience of managing supplier relationships, budgets and team performance
- A self-motivated, calm leader with exceptional collaborative influencing skills and outstanding relationship building skills.
Please apply below or contact Rachel Smith for more information email@example.com