Opportunity to lead change communications in the education sector
We are working with a leading academic establishment to find a Head of Change Communications for a two-year, fixed-term contract, to start asap. You will oversee all communications aspects of a major transformation programme, from devising the strategic approach to overseeing the delivery of activities. This new role comes at an exciting time of change for the organisation and will line manage an Internal Communications Manager (also to be appointed).
- Direct all communications activity relating to the organisation’s transformation programmes.
- Create and oversee a comprehensive communications strategy that ensures colleagues and stakeholders understand what the change means for them.
- Ensure that there is comprehensive two-way engagement amongst all stakeholder groups through a wide range of communications activities.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior leaders to ensure that the case for change is communicated to all audiences, that it is understood and that processes are clear.
- Devise multi-channel strategies throughout the lifespan of the transformation programme using existing and new channels.
Key skills and experience required
- A sound track record of initiating and managing large-scale communication strategies within a complex organization
- Demonstrably strong influencing, negotiating and communications skills with the ability to listen and respond to the needs of a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as an ability to frequently communicate complex, conceptual ideas and technical material effectively at all levels
- Extensive knowledge of effective change communication tactics and latest developments in internal communications processes and technology, including social media
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple project streams.
Please apply below or contact Rachel Smith for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org