French Chamber of Great Britain to hire a Head of Commercial in newly created position
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be working with the French Chamber of Great Britain to appoint a Head of Commercial.
About the French Chamber of Great Britain
With over 400 companies of all sizes and sectors in membership, the French Chamber of Great Britain is the hub of key relationships, conversations, insights and support for Franco-British business. They deliver real value, opportunity, connections and voice for members: by helping them to build beyond Brexit, through Covid impacts, and address the climate challenge.
Established in 1883, they are one of the largest and most successful Chambers within the French Chamber network spanning 125 countries.
Working closely with Marilise Saghbini, the newly appointed Managing Director for the Chamber, the new Head of Commercial will be tasked with driving revenue for the Chamber: reviewing existing products and services as well as creating new ones, ensuring the value proposition is sharpened and the team is equipped to sell with a full range of best in class proposals, tools and systems, to take our commercial potential to the next level. This is a newly created post to establish and deliver an integrated commercial strategy that increases and diversifies the Chamber’s revenue. It involves bringing together the full mix of membership recruitment, as well events sponsorship, and new products and services.
- Lead and coordinate the Chamber’s commercial activity, working in partnership across Chamber teams to position value
- Create and deliver an integrated commercial plan to respond to the Chamber strategy
- Create and deliver a member strategy including recruitment, retention and a forward plan for membership structure and pricing
- Work with the Head of Communications to develop marketing materials, as well as new digital commercial products and sponsored IP at the right price
- Work with the Business Services Team to develop the business services offer, including introducing new commercial services#
- Provide the Managing Director, members and colleagues with advice and support on all aspects of commercial business development, as well as coordinating delivery across the organisation
Key skills and experience required
- Proven ability to think and plan strategically and commercially within a fast moving, complex environment, and deliver against that
- Demonstrable experience of developing and leading an integrated, proactive and strategic commercial/business development function within an organisation that has reach across multiple sectors
- Successful track record of scoping, setting up, developing and running commercial projects and campaigns, and of leading project teams and delivering on clear objectives
- A proven track record in creating and delivering across a range of commercial products and services; preferably within a membership or client-based organisation
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy and a proven ability to advise and influence others, with a track record of building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including business
- Desirable: fluent in French
For more information, please consult the job description HERE and apply via the Apply for this role button quoting the reference number JG-2101-7664
Please note that applications for this position will close at noon on Monday 22 February 2021.
Ellwood Atfield and the French Chamber of Great Britain are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We support a truly inclusive, culturally and socially cohesive community. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which represents the population from which we derive our business, in terms of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion and sexual orientation.