Education Support are looking for a Head of Communications and Public Affairs
Education Support are the only UK charity dedicated to improving the mental health and wellbeing of the entire education workforce. Established 140 years ago as a benevolent fund for teachers, they have been continuously evolving to meet the changing needs of the education sector. Today they are proud to support anyone working in education, at any level and in any institution.
With a record number of educators leaving the profession, stress and anxiety levels across the sector are reaching alarming levels - so support is needed now more than ever. Education Support support the education workforce in a number of ways, including providing a helpline run by trained counsellors, offering financial support and other support development services to those who need it, as well as conducting research to increase understanding of the pressures faced by educators and using this to advocate for improvement in the sector.
Education Support is looking for an experienced Head of Communications and Public Affairs to lead the strategic planning and delivery of all their external engagement work. Reporting into the CEO and leading a team of 5, you will help shape the mental health and wellbeing of our entire education workforce.
- Lead the strategic planning and delivery of all Education Support's external communications and public affairs work, developing proactive plans across public relations, public affairs, research and digital communications
- Provide high-level briefings and support the CEO ahead of public speaking appearances, deputising as a spokesperson when required
- Build relationships and form strategic partnerships to help drive positive public policy change, at a national and devolved level
- Budgetary and financial planning responsibilities
Skills and experience:
- Experience working in a strategic communications and/or public affairs role
- Significant experience leading and developing a multi-functional communications team, and writing integrated communications strategies
- Desirable experience of working in the NFP or education sector
Closing date: 12pm Friday 22nd November.
First stage interviews: week commencing 2nd December
Second stage interviews: 10th and 11th December.
Please find attached a copy of the job description here and follow the link to apply.
Please contact Emily Roberts at Ellwood Atfield for any other information.