Would you like to be London City Airport's new Head of Communications?
London City Airport is the city’s most central airport, in London’s Royal Docks, an area of rapid regeneration and investment, just five miles from the City of London and close to the dynamic and fast-growing East London.
Known for its punctuality, the airport is favoured by travellers for its convenient location and unrivalled quick and efficient passenger experience – from the front door to departure lounge in 20 minutes or less. Currently ten airlines serve 45 domestic, European and U.S. routes and the airport welcomes over 4.8 million passengers per year. The airport offers an increasingly diverse choice of business and leisure connections – in 2019 adding Warsaw, Budapest, Vilnius, and Split. The three most popular routes by passenger numbers are Amsterdam, Edinburgh and Dublin. A transformational £500 million development is currently underway to create a world-class gateway for London and deliver a new airport experience for passengers, airlines, businesses and local communities.
As the airport grows, managing and improving our reputation has never been more important. The Head of Communications will be directly responsible for shaping and executing this agenda both internally and externally. We are looking for someone who can bring energy and imagination to the role and who can be creative, identify opportunities and help London City Airport stand out from the crowd.
- Lead on creative PR that engages both traditional and non-traditional audiences across all communication mediums
- Develop and enhance the airport's overall tone of voice
- Responsible for media engagement and relationship management
- Lead of internal communications across the business
- Develop strategic communications to support the airport’s draft plan and potential future planning applications
- Shape key corporate campaigns and initiatives, including airline and route announcements and the City Airport Development Programme
- Support marketing activity
- Offer strategic advice to the airport’s Leadership Team
- Be a part of the Business Continuity Team and manage the relationship with the airport's Crisis Communications Agency
- Manage a team of 1 (or 2)
- Be a spokesperson for the airport at external events and, where required, directly to the media
- As part of the Corporate Affairs team, you will contribute to other key departmental agendas and be part of an on-call rota
The post holder will be part of the Corporate Affairs team and will report directly into the Director of Corporate Affairs
The post holder will also work closely with airport’s CEO and support him where required
Work closely with the airport’s political communications agency
Key skills and experience required
- Experience of crisis communications
- Communications and PR professional with proven track record
- Be innovative
- Have the gravitas to engage with CEO and the senior leadership team
- An understanding of new and innovative communications tools
- Confident public speaker and operator
- A proactive, collaborative and positive approach to work
Hours of Work
40 hours per week. Out of hours work will be required, and a willingness to be on-call at weekends (once trained)
If you would like to be London City Airport’s new Head of Communications, please apply quoting the reference number EH-1908-6839