Lead communications at an organisation at the forefront of the energy revolution
SGN is one of the UK’s largest and most innovative gas distribution network companies, operating across Scotland, southern England and in Northern Ireland. We are an award-winning company performing an essential 24/7 service for our communities by keeping everyone safe and warm. Yet the world around us is changing. People and businesses will need to act differently to make sure everyone has secure, affordable, and clean energy.
SGN is at the forefront of an energy revolution. We are helping to shape the future for millions of people as we work with the UK government to develop the world’s first zero carbon gas grid. Whilst we are on our journey, we must continue to deliver excellent service every single day.
The Head of Communications will own and drive the communication strategy to help SGN deliver its business objectives at this exciting time for the energy sector.
- Set and deliver a comprehensive communications strategy underpinned by strong analysis and evaluation.
- Lead, develop and implement a plan to raise SGN’s profile among key stakeholders.
- As brand guardian, lead and manage a team of 10 across external, internal, and digital communications, using digital and social media as a key pillar, to protect and enhance SGN’s reputation.
- Create and maintain a strong media network, oversee the 24/7 press office, and act as an SGN spokesperson.
- Oversee delivery of SGN’s annual report and other corporate publications
- Provide strategic counsel to the Board, Executive Committee, senior leadership team and wider business.
Key skills and experience
- High impact, energetic leader operating at a senior level in a large, complex business.
- Strategic thinker with exceptional judgement and media instincts.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a communications team in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Excellent knowledge and application of digital and social media strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for geographically dispersed internal and external audiences.
- Experience of regulated industries or the energy sector is an advantage but not essential.
For more information, please consult the detailed job description here and apply via the ‘Apply for this Role’ button with your CV and supporting statement. .