Opportunity to join an issues rich, high profile trade association within financial services
Our client, a leading trade association for the financial services sector is looking to recruit a Head of Communications to lead on all PR and media activity within the organisation.
Based in the London Office, the Head of Communications will play an integral role in developing and delivering the PR strategy to meet the organisations objectives. Managing a team of three, you will work closely with the Corporate Affairs Director ato execute a proactive and reactive media plan aimed at raising the profile of the organisation and their members.
- Work with the Corporate Affairs Director to develop an industry narrative that will be clearly understood by consumers
- Develop a proactive communications strategy to bring to life some of the organisations principle policy priorities to promote the organisation and industry as a whole in the media
- Develop a pipeline of proactive policy or data driven stories working with colleagues across the policy teams
- Develop and maintain a strong network of relationships with member press teams, as well as press officers in key government departments and consumer groups
- Set up and coordinate a senior member committee made up of industry communications professionals to oversee, plan and react to major developments that will impact the industry
Key skills and experience required
- Proven substantial experience of working in a high pressure, fast moving, media relations team
- Proven substantial experience of generating proactive media stories delivering widespread media coverage online, in print and broadcast with a strong social media element
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of the financial services regulatory environment in both the UK and EU
For more information, or to apply for the Head of Communications, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference no.