French Chamber of Great Britain to hire a Head of Communications in newly created position
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to be working with the French Chamber of Great Britain to appoint a Head of Communications.
About the French Chamber of Great Britain
With over 400 companies of all sizes and sectors in membership, the French Chamber of Great Britain is the hub of key relationships, conversations, insights and support for Franco-British business. They deliver real value, opportunity, connections and voice for members: by helping them to build beyond Brexit, through Covid impacts, and address the climate challenge.
Established in 1883, they are one of the largest and most successful Chambers within the French Chamber network spanning 125 countries.
Working closely with Marilise Saghbini, the newly appointed Managing Director for the Chamber, the new Head of Communications will be tasked with increase visibility and influence with key target stakeholders, and developing a full range of best in class talent, tools and systems, to take their marketing and communications to the next level. This is a newly created post to establish and deliver integrated communications, bringing together the full mix of marketing, website, social, member communications, public affairs, PR/media, and campaigns. There is an opportunity to bring these functions together with fresh strategic direction to support the new strategy with greater collaboration and integration, to deliver impact to key stakeholders, as well as voice and profile for our members.
- Create and deliver and integrated communications plan to respond to the Chamber strategy
- Provide the Managing Director, members and colleagues with advice and support on all aspects of communications and public profile needs, as well as coordinating delivery and messaging across the organisation
- Develop the communications team delivering holistic performance management and development
- Establish a media strategy to increase coverage and make the Chamber a go-to source for business commentary, particularly on key themes
- Working with the Head of Commercial and others, oversee production and improvement of materials to support revenue generation, including new business development and increasing participation and contribution of existing members
Key skills and experience required
- Demonstrable experience of developing and leading an integrated, proactive and strategic communications function within an organisation that has reach across multiple sectors
- Successful track record of scoping, setting up, developing and running communications projects and campaigns, and of leading project teams and delivering on clear objectives
- Experienced and confident in achieving impact across all aspects of the media and public affairs
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy and a proven ability to advise and influence others, with a track record of building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including business, government and the media
- Personal stature, empathy and authority to converse with senior representatives of the Chamber’s members and stakeholders
- Desirable: fluent in French
For more information, please consult the job description HERE and apply via the Apply for this role button quoting the reference number JG-2101-7663
Please note that applications for this position will close at noon on Monday 15 February 2021.
Ellwood Atfield and the French Chamber of Great Britain are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We support a truly inclusive, culturally and socially cohesive community. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which represents the population from which we derive our business, in terms of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion and sexual orientation.