A Head of Communications to lead a large team to reach one of the most diverse range of stakeholders
A client of Ellwood Atfield is a civil sector organisation which oversees one of the most diverse and fulfilling remits in London. From a communications perspective, its work to engage its immediate stakeholder audience is extremely challenging and this demands a level of creativity its use of content channels. Something that is unique for an organisation of its kind. The demands of this role range from national crisis communications, to political engagement at the highest level, engagement with powerful grassroot stakeholder audiences and a civil cause that during the current climate has never been more critical to the wellbeing of its society. The organisation has been through a recent restructure of its communications team so that it has capability, confidence and innovation at its core. It is now looking for a new Head of Communications to take ownership and lead the team to its critical strategic objective.
As the Head of Communications you will be responsible for:
- Take leadership of a new motivated Communications and Campaigns team and deliver the Communications and Campaigns Strategy.
- Provide corporate communications expertise, advice and guidance to the most senior internal stakeholders in the organisation.
- To construct and develop the corporate narrative, brand and style. To work with your team to build creative channels and means to communicate with your key audiences and stakeholders.
- Develop original content across multiple communications channels that positively influence, build strong partnerships, create a high profile and develop trust in the organisation in a complex and multi-faceted operating environment.
- Work strategically across the organisation and with key partners to develop, maximise and take advantage of opportunities to project the brand as a vibrant environment.
- Develop and realise multiple campaign strategies. All the while offering support to your internal and multi-faceted external audiences achieve campaign outcomes and deliver change.
- As a lead member of your function, you will work collaboratively with other management team colleagues, external stakeholders and partners to achieve the service plans and priorities and delivery of the Corporate Plan.
To qualify as the Head of Communications you must have experience of the following:
- Demonstrable extensive experience, at a senior leadership level, of communications and campaigns management in a large, complex organisation.
- Experience of successfully developing and implementing communications and campaigns strategies.
- Up to date knowledge of diverse and creative communication channels, evaluation techniques and the traditional, broadcast and social media environments.
- Up to date knowledge of communication challenges facing local authorities and public bodies.
- Experience of successfully managing relationships and stakeholders within a political environment and at a senior executive level.
- Experience of devising, leading and delivering communication initiatives and campaigns, both internally and externally.
- Extensive experience of working with diverse stakeholders such as consumers, grassroots campaigners, businesses, local communities or similar stakeholders.
To apply for the position of Head of Communications:
Please click on the “Apply for this Role” button and submit your up to date CV and any covering statement you may wish to submit as an accompanying document. We hope that you appreciate, while all applications will be considered we might not be able to address all specific queries that you may have. We will do everything in our power to keep you informed on your application progress however.
We will look forward to receiving your application for this extremely exciting Head of Communications position that would suit an individual with a strong sense of civil motivation and a desire to make a positive impact on society, however large or small that might be.