Interim opportunity with major FMCG business - January 2020 start
Our client is a large international FMCG business with a portfolio of food and beverage brands sold to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide. Their UK & Ireland business is looking for an Interim Head of External Affairs to take on a critical role in its Corporate Affairs team for 12 months’ maternity cover.
- Drive the public affairs agenda and develops and evolves positions on key issues
- Lead the UK stakeholder engagement programme and represent the business externally to build relationships and enhance reputation with a range of stakeholders including policy makers, politicians, NGOs, think tanks, customers etc
- Manage relationships with key trade associations and other membership organisations
- Enhance business understanding of, and response to, the external policy and political landscapes; providing counsel to senior business leaders
- Ensure integration of public affairs into a cohesive and integrated corporate affairs approach.
Key skills and experience required
- In-depth understanding of the public policy development process and stakeholder landscape, with detailed knowledge of Westminster and Whitehall, and understanding of the significance of EU and international developments.
- Proven track record of influencing and networking successfully at a senior level.
- Knowledge/understanding of a highly regulated industry and/or FMCG experience.
- Sound judgement on reputational and political risk issues and the ability to analyse and assess their importance to the business.
- Team player with a collaborative, inclusive style supporting the development of the broader corporate affairs team.
This is a 12-month, fixed-term contract to start in January 2020. Please apply below or contact Rachel Smith for more details firstname.lastname@example.org