Representing world-class science and innovation
The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) exists to make the UK the best place in the world to research, develop and use new medicines. Our members discover the medicines of the future and supply cutting edge treatments today that improve and save the lives of millions of people now. We do all of this in partnership with Government and the NHS so that patients get new treatments faster and the NHS can plan what it spends on medicines.
Overseeing our Government Affairs strategy, our new Head of Government Affairs will be responsible for ensuring the voice of the pharmaceutical industry is heard clearly and effectively in Westminster and Whitehall. Managing a team of four, you will:
- Design, deliver and coordinate public affairs strategies for all of our policy priorities.
- Lead engagement and communications with Government, Parliament and other policy-making and influencing audiences.
- Provide political counsel, guidance and monitoring to inform our strategy, decision making and your colleagues.
- Lead and develop relationships with relevant UK trade associations, think tanks, health charities and other policy organisations.
- Oversee an effective programme of communications to members, and engagement with members.
To qualify as the Head of Government Affairs you will have:
- Passion for making the UK the best place in the world to research, develop and use new medicines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Westminster and Whitehall, the political environment and the Parliamentary process.
- Experience leading a Government Affairs/Public Affairs function in a high-profile policy area/organisation, with excellent leadership skills and the ability to inspire.
- Track record of developing successful advocacy strategies and advising senior leaders on external advocacy and engagement to deliver real policy change.
- Track record of effectively leading cross functional projects and programmes.
- Ability to build and maintain trusted and professional relationships at a senior level within the political, regulatory and NGO fields and with members and colleagues.
To view a full role description, please click here.
To apply for the Head of Government Affairs position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button.