An issues-rich and complex role in a period of great political change.
This leading trade association represents one of the UK’s most high profile and regulated global industries. The sector is a major contributor to the UK economy with an inspiring story around people, research, innovation, and economic success.
As a member of the Corporate Affairs Leadership Team and reporting to the Executive Director, the Head of Government Affairs will be responsible for crafting, co-ordinating and implementing public affairs and advocacy strategies to engage with Government, Parliament, policy makers and other key influencers in order to improve the UK environment for members.
This is an issues-rich and complex role. You will be joining in a period of great political change and at a time when members are embarking on an exciting era of innovation. This is a rare opportunity to shape the environment for this very important sector for years to come.
As the Head of Government Affairs you will have:
- Strong public affairs and government relations experience with a comprehensive understanding of Government, Parliament and policy-development processes
- A track record of developing successful advocacy strategies and advising senior leaders on advocacy and engagement
- Strong people and project management skills and a demonstrable track record of leading and managing teams and cross functional projects
- Substantial personal credibility to work with and influence senior leaders, internally and externally
- The ability to translate complex issues into audience appropriate formats
- Experience of a highly regulated sector gained in a corporate, agency or trade association.
To discuss this and other similar roles in confidence, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number GH-1910-6917