One of London's essential services to hire a Head of Media, Digital, and Internal Communications
Ellwood Atfield is working with one of London's essential services to hire a Head of Media, Digital, and Internal Communications to join the team.
Reporting into the Assistant Director of Communications, and leading a dedicated team of media, digital, and internal communications professionals, the successful candidate will develop, challenge and lead on the development of the organisations internal and external communications strategies, and delivery of these essential functions.
- To develop and coordinate media, digital, and internal communications activity, fully utilising the opportunity to deliver inspiring challenging, and fully integrated communications activity
- To lead development of communications plans and strategies, ensuring that all departments are fully aware of activities and progress and that organisation wide communications are as coordinated as possible
- To coordinate effective communications strategies that influence and inform both internal and external decision makers, which can be supported by media, digital, and internal communications campaigns
- To deputise for the Assistant Director of Communications as appropriate and to play an active role in the Communications Department management team working alongside the Head of Stakeholder and Community Engagement and the Head of Brand and Events
- To support the manager of media, digital, and internal communications teams, ensuring they are motivated, trained, and developed in order to meet the departments goals and standards
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience in a senior media, digital, and internal communications role, with at least five years experience at management level
- Experience of media crisis management, representing organisations as a media specialist and working with other agencies and internal departments to develop media strategies swiftly
- Practical experience of developing communications channels and campaigns to reach diverse audiences with differing needs
- Practical experience of briefing and preparing representatives to address internal or external audiences or to take part in media interviews
- Successful track record in performance and project management, with demonstrable ability to set and deliver targets
For more information, or to apply for the Head of Media, Digital, and Internal Communications position please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number JG-2010-7556