Head of Media & PR role for the charity that believes that every childhood is worth fighting for.
Child protection has never been so high on the news agenda. At the NSPCC, our mission is to end child cruelty because we believe that every childhood is worth fighting for. To do this we must communicate efficiently and effectively with the maximum possible impact to all key audiences. Our messaging must be clear and demonstrate an honesty and commitment to reacting to the issues facing children, young people, families and professionals in the UK today.
Our new Head of Media & PR will play a critical role in this. In this wide-ranging, strategic role you will lead geographically-dispersed teams that are responsible for all of our media activity across traditional and online media outlets at national, devolved, and regional levels. You will also lead our Real Life Stories and Campaigns teams, as well as all social media messaging. This role is life-changing – and not just for you.
To succeed you will have a:
- Successful track record of leading a large, busy and high profile National Press Office in a public sector/commercial or charity environment
- Proven ability to communicate confidently and clearly to media audiences and to steer the news agenda
- Proven ability leading on campaigns and understanding the political environment
- Proven history of successfully advising at CEO and board level on difficult media issues
- A calm manner with the gravitas and resilience to manage difficult situations, people, issues and crises
- A personal commitment to ending cruelty to children
To find out more please download the detailed role description here.
To apply, please submit a comprehensive CV plus supporting personal statement (no more than 1000 words) quoting reference GH-1908-6816 via ‘Apply’ button.
Closing date for applications: Midday 19th September 2019