A leading climate change organisation needs to hire a talented media and PR expert
Our client is the European membership body for investor collaboration on climate change and the voice of investors taking action for a prosperous, low carbon future.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Media Relations with a talent for strategic media oversight, public relations management and advocacy, to lead proactive media engagement activity to support profile raising of the organisation's policy influencing and engagement programmes. The role is responsible for:
- Developing and delivering compelling and impactful media relations activities to raise brand awareness and promote key initiatives
- Manage reactive media issues to mitigate brand risk
- Provide senior media counsel and spokesperson guidance and support
- Deepen and strengthen the organisation's approach to advocacy communications
- Lead communications activity for corporate programmes, including membership communications
- Support on CEO communications plan
Reporting to a newly appointed Director of Communications, the Head of Media Relations forms part of a small communications and policy directorate. Suitable candidates must demonstrate substantial PR and media relations experience in the UK and the EU, with a strong sector background and knowledge of climate change, ESG or institutional investment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead media and PR activity for a high profile and dynamic organisation driving critical change around environmental investment activity. For more information and to apply for this role please attach a copy of your CV.