Opportunity to develop advocacy positions for the world's infrastructure investors
GIIA is the membership body for the world's leading institutional investors. On their behalf, they work with governments and other stakeholders to explore how the private sector, working in partnership with public bodies, can deliver increased investment and improved infrastructure for future generations.
GIIA is looking for a candidate with a strong intellect who has the technical ability to absorb and analyse a significant amount of information and produce concise, consistent and compelling advocacy positions on behalf of GIIA members. This will involve building relationships with members, trade bodies, academic institutions, the public sector, regulators and journalists among others.
Ideally the individual has some international experience and exposure to a policy environment linked to infrastructure.
- Analyse data and research to build a substantial evidence base, and compelling content to support GIIA’s messages and campaigns
- Monitor policy and market developments in order to provide timely and succinct intelligence to Executive team
- Support the development of advocacy positions on global infrastructure in conjunction with Executive team and Members
- Build collaborative relationships with multiple external stakeholders including international industry bodies to pool resources and expertise
- Engage with peers from within Member companies and lead the Communications and Public Affairs Working Group.
Key skills and experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing skills in person and on paper
- Track record of solid decision making and judgement
- Experience of operating in or around a public policy environment (UK, Brussels or overseas)
- Knowledge of infrastructure or finance is desirable, but not essential.
For more information, or to apply for the Head of Policy and Public Affairs position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference AZ-1910-6962.