Leadership role at the voice of the UK plant science industry
CropLife UK is the trade association that is the voice of the UK plant science industry; promoting the essential role of science and innovation in protecting food, parks, gardens, roads and railways. CropLife UK was formed from the Crop Protection Association in November 2021 and also includes the Agricultural Biotechnology Council (abc).
The purpose of this job is to lead CropLife UK’s policy and public affairs activities. The successful applicant will support the wider work of CropLife UK including member and stakeholder engagement, regulatory affairs, digital content and events.
- Develop and implement CropLife UK policy and public affairs strategy and activities
- Manage public affairs activity, developing and delivering key messages to political and other stakeholders
- Manage media relations work, developing proactive campaigns where appropriate and providing a reactive press office function
- Deliver policy responses to consultations and inquiries to shape outcomes for the benefit of members and present CropLife UK as a thought leader
- Advise CEO and Board on policy and public affairs issues.
Key skills and experience required
- Demonstrable experience in a policy or public affairs role
- Ability to speak confidently and authoritatively in front of an audience
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including senior civil servants and politicians
- Ability to react swiftly to events in a fast-paced media and political environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
For more information, or to apply for the Head of Policy and Public Affairs position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button quoting the reference number AZ-2110-8014.