The ROS is looking for a new Head of Policy and Public Affairs
The Royal Osteoporosis Society is the only UK-wide organisation dedicated to improving the lives of the 3.5m people living with osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is one of the most urgent societal challenges to people living well in later life, but it’s known as the ‘silent disease’, because of under-diagnosis, under-treatment and low public awareness. If we succeed in closing the treatment gap, we can transform the quality of later life in this country, while making a game-changing difference for the NHS and social care system.
Ellwood Atfield are delighted to have partnered exclusively with the Royal Osteoporosis Society who are looking for a new Head of Policy and Public Affairs. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive (with a dotted line to the Director of Clinical Services) this postholder will be a member of the Leadership Team and will be responsible for co-ordinating and driving the organisation’s Policy and Public Affairs strategy , while generating and curating the evidence for change.
- Lead the development and delivery of the charity’s policy and public affairs strategy, raising osteoporosis to the top of the public health agenda and keeping it there
- Lead the Secretariat function for the All-Party Parliamentary Group and facilitate Inquiries, Parliamentary debates and events
- Provide analysis and strategic counsel to the CEO and Chair on key public policy and developments
- Co-ordinate responses to key government consultations across the four nations
- Play an ambassadorial role with the CEO in meetings with Ministers, MPs and senior officials
- Line management of the Policy and Public Affairs Team
Key skills required
- An excellent understanding of the structures of government at national, local and devolved nation levels.
- A proven a track record of influencing politicians and other key government decision makers
- An excellent understanding of the health and social care sector, its public bodies, the Long-Term Plan and other key policies
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to synthesise data and information quickly and accurately.
- Excellent decision-making ability, with the ability to prioritise and manage work and deliver outputs in a responsive and timely manner.
- Previous experience of line management.
For the full recruitment pack, please click here