IEMA are looking for a new Head of Policy to transform their policy development
IEMA is the professional body for everyone working in environment and sustainability.
This is a growing and evolving profession and we are committed to supporting, encouraging and improving the confidence and performance as well as the profile and recognition of all environment and sustainability professionals. At IEMA, we take a holistic or ‘big picture’ view of sustainability.
For 20 years, we have been providing resources and tools, research and knowledge sharing along with high-quality formal training and qualifications to meet the real world needs of members from their first steps on the career ladder, right to the very top. By doing this we raise the bar for professionalism in sustainability. Our 15,700 members are a diverse group and work in everything from business and industry and environmental consultancies to local government and academia. But, what they have in common is a passion to make a real difference. A real impact. Together, as a community of environment and sustainability professionals, and as individuals in their workplaces.
IEMA is looking for a new Head of Policy to work with the CEO and Chief Policy Adviser to transform the organisation's governance process. You will lead a team of three to ensure a coherent approach to policy development across the organisation. You will work with the Director of Commercial Marketing to position IEMA at the forefront of the sustainability conversation through leading policy and research. You will possess strong influencing skills and have the gravitas to work with senior academics.
- Working closely with the CEO and Chief Policy Advisor to develop and implement new governance processes.
- Identifying key policy areas for members and develop policies in these strands.
- Setting the direction for the policy team and implement programmes to support this.
- Building collaborative relationships with multiple external stakeholders including international industry bodies to pool resources and expertise.
- Managing internal stakeholders to ensure they uphold new governance and sign off processes.
- Working with the communications team to improve the reach of engagement activities such as webinars.
- Managing the policy team.
Key skills and experience required
- Demonstrable experience of developing policy positions.
- Experience of communications activities would be advantageous.
- Ideally have experience of managing programmes and/or projects.
- Experience of implementing a new governance process.
- Ideally have experience of environmental or broader sustainability issues.
- Ideally have experience of working with members and understanding their priorities.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Have strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Be able to confidently provide counsel and guidance to senior internal stakeholders.
If you would like to apply for the Head of Policy position at IEMA, please submit your application below. Ellwood Atfield are shortlsiting for this role on the 21st September 2020.