Malaria No More UK is looking for Head of Policy to join their International Advocacy team.
Malaria has been described as the oldest killer disease in history and still claims the life of a child every two minutes. Malaria No More UK envisions a world where no one dies from this preventable, curable disease. More than a decade into their mission, their work has contributed to historic progress towards this goal. Their ongoing focus is to help mobilise the political commitments, funding and innovation needed to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments - ending malaria within our generation.
Malaria No More UK is looking for an experienced Head of Policy to join their International Advocacy team, reporting to the Managing Director, Global Advocacy, Policy & Partnerships. This newly created role will lead on developing and distilling accessible, evidence based and robust policy positions to support and inform the organisation’s advocacy and communications work. The role will work cross-organisationally, with UK and international partners, with an initial focus on supporting efforts to achieve the commitment to halve malaria across The Commonwealth by 2023, including the upcoming opportunity of the 2020 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in Kigali.
- Lead on Malaria No More UK’s policy development, to ensure they have clear, accessible and communicable policy asks to inform their advocacy efforts at global and national level
- Support wider policy development and partnership working in the build up to key moments such as CHOGM2020
- Participate and position Malaria No More UK in relevant key global health meetings and debates, supporting efforts to strengthen international policy making and investment in the global health “innovation to access” pipeline
- Work closely with the Director of Programmes and Partnerships Development, helping strengthen engagement and partnership opportunities with key external partners and institutions, across public and private sector bodies
- This role will include line management of a Policy Officer and additional consultants as required
- London based role with international travel to represent the organisation at international meetings and engage with partners.
Key skills and experience required:
- A strong in-depth policy understanding and backgound in global health, ideally with experience working in malaria policy development, advocacy or implementation
- Evidence of partnership working, with experience of working with global partners and stakeholders
For more information please download the job description here. To find out more and to apply please follow the link.
Closing date: Friday 15th November.
Interviews: 26th and 27th November.
Please contact Emily Roberts at Ellwood Atfield for any other information.