A growing & innovative FTSE 100 seeks a sustainability leader to develop their sustainability agenda
The Head of Sustainability and Public Affairs will establish and lead the sustainability and public affairs teams to create an outstanding sustainability and engagement platform within this leading, global and innovative FTSE 100 organisation which operates at the nexus between sustainability and the FMCG sector.
As the Head of Sustainability and Public Affairs your responsibilities will include:
- Advise the business on the steps it needs to take, structurally and strategically, to ensure their purpose is fully represented through innovations in sustainability practices
- Set leadership direction and strategy for all Group operating companies on sustainability issues
- Influence external policy makers and environmental organisations at a leadership level, on relevant environmental and social policy issues
- Balance commercial and sustainability priorities appropriately and bring technical credibility to decision making
- Establish yourself, your team and the business as a recognised voice and presence on the national and international sustainability platforms
- Through your management of a public affairs function, ensure that the business is kept abreast of the policy making and regulatory landscape so that it can react and adapt accordingly.
As the Head of Sustainability and Public Affairs your key skills and experience must be:
- An understanding how policy and stakeholder engagement effects the sustainability strategy and purpose of the business
- Able to advise senior leadership on policy, stakeholder matters
- Comfortable working closely with a senior leadership team (up to and including Chief Executive)
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and at an implementation level as well as the ability to lead and delegate to a medium sized team with different stakeholder audiences
- Up to date knowledge of emerging practices and trends in policy and sustainability matters.
To Apply for the opportunity of Head of Sustainability and Public Affairs:
To apply for this position please forward a copy of your CV and accompanying covering statement via the “Apply for this role” button. Please note that applications for this position will close at noon on Monday 18th November 2019.