Award winning international environmental charity seeks Interim Communications Manager
This is a rare opportunity with an award winning international environmental charity that is at the forefront of the climate change discussion and is helping to shape international policies. They are looking for an interim Communications Manager on a 3 month contract, to support the team during a busy period and play a key in increasing their profile and influence through targeted media coverage, content and social media.
- Supporting the on boarding of new member companies to our Business Actions initiatives through media, web and social
- Fielding and assessing external speaking opportunities, supporting colleagues on presentations proof points, briefings etc.
- Responding to media enquiries, identifying news and forward feature opportunities, developing press releases and pitching, as guided
- Compiling, uploading and promoting sponsor deliverables for a large annual event on The organisations website and social media accounts
- Supporting member comms and sponsor deliverables via newsletters, news stories, blogs, Q&As, social media
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of working in a fast-paced communications team, managing and writing content on a range of channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Experience of securing high profile coverage to uplift an organisation’s profile in cooperation with colleagues from different disciplines
- Experience of briefing colleagues at all levels on key messages and lines to take
- Excellent written and proofreading skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent day-to-day knowledge of managing websites using CMS (Drupal is a plus)
- Experience of using a media database to identify target media contacts and distribute press releases
If this opportunity looks of interest please apply quoting the reference FG-1907-6733F