A professional membership body is looking for an External Affairs Manager on a 12-month FTC.
A leading professional membership association with a wide-ranging remit covering multiple policy issues which sit at the heart of the Brexit agenda and beyond, is hiring an interim External Affairs Manager.
This high-profile organisation plays a vocal role in shaping debate around environmental, economic and employment policy. As Interim External Affairs Manager, you will be assigned a brief of specific policy areas and you will have the autonomy to help shape and deliver the strategy.
- To proactively contribute to and manage the external affairs strategy
- Arrange meetings and briefings with backbenchers for senior internal stakeholders
- Create opportunities with government institutions, parliament and external organisations to advocate, and win support for the organisation
- To proactively seek alliances with external organisations to assist with campaigns and lobbying which amplifies the organisation’s voice and influence
- Liaising with regional and head offices to coordinate lobbying campaigns at local and national level
Key skills and experience required
- Proven public affairs experience at a national level
- A proactive approach to exploring new ways of engaging and influencing stakeholders
- A self-starter with the ability to hit-the-ground running in a busy external affairs function
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Proven experience of developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
This is an exciting role which provides an excellent opportunity to utilise and develop your first-rate public affairs expertise at a critical time for the organisation. This is a 12-month FTC contract position starting in October and based in central London.
If you are interested, please submit your CV via the ‘apply’ button below, quoting the reference EF-1907-6771.